*Updated March 12, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thomasville City Schools remains in contact with local and state agencies regarding the emergence of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the U.S.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends the following to help prevent infection of respiratory viruses:
- Keep sick children at home until they are fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces - including coats and backpacks.
Please know that schools and buses are cleaned daily and sanitized frequently. Our cleaners are approved for use against COVID-19. We have long had strong practices in place regarding clean, healthy schools and we will continue to be vigilant in our procedures.
More information on the Coronavirus is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html.
Thomasville City Schools will continue to follow the direction of the Georgia Department of Public Health, the Georgia Department of Education, and the CDC. Thank you for your help in reinforcing the above CDC guidelines at home.