Meet the School Counselor
I am Chandra Blake the school counselor for Jerger Elementary School. I am a native of Thomasville and a product of Thomasville City Schools. It is my extreme pleasure to be able to return to my former elementary school and work with great students, parents and staff. I am married to Denny Blake and together we have 5 beautiful children (4 daughters & 1 son).
I began my career almost 10 years ago after obtaining my B.S. degree in Early Childhood Education from Thomas University. I spent the majority of my career in Grady County teaching 4th and 5th grade. I later received a Masters degree in Rehabilitation Counseling in 2010 from Thomas University. From that time, I have worked with counseling individuals, families and children to help them learn the skills necessary to be successful. I am currently completing a second Masters Degree in School Counseling and will graduate this upcoming May 2016 from Albany State University.
I welcome the challenge of helping students to become the best that they can possibly be socially, emotionally and academically. I am here to serve the children, the parents and our wonderful staff.
I am available for listening, talking, helping, and referring to outside agencies that may be able to assist. Please feel free to contact me and let me know if you have a need or request for you or your children. I want to always strive to do what is best for the students of Jerger!
Counselors are the heart of the school by...
- Helping create a safe school environment where children can learn.
- Orienting new students.
- Helping design interventions to enhance student success.
- Developing community partnerships to enhance student career awareness.
- Helping teachers create a positive learning environment.
- Helping students learn anger management, conflict resolution, and, self-awareness.
- Helping parents, teachers, administrators in learning how to meet the needs of all students.
- Working with students and parents on attendance issues.
- Coordinating referrals to outside agencies.