Special Education Services
2017 Parent Satisfaction Survey
The 2017 Parent Satisfaction Survey has been shortened to ten questions and is open to all families of students with disabilities. If you would like a paper survey, please contact our office.
The link will be available beginning January 15, 2017 and will remain open until April 15, 2017.
Districts have Child Find responsibility for all children suspected of having disabilities, regardless of the severity of their disabilities. This includes:
- children, birth through 3, who may or may not be referred to and served by the state’s early intervention program, Babies Can’t Wait;
- preschool children, ages 3 through 5, who may not be enrolled in a Georgia-funded pre-kindergarten and kindergarten, including children who are parentally placed in private preschools or daycare centers outside the district;
- children who are enrolled in a public school within the district, including public charter schools;
- children who are parentally placed in private and home schools or who are attending charter schools within the district;
- highly mobile children, including migrant, homeless, and children who are wards of the state;
- children served in community programs such as rehabilitation centers, daycare centers, etc.;
- children, ages 18 through 21, who are incarcerated in facilities operated by the local sheriff’s office or other municipalities; and
- any other children suspected of having disabilities.
- If you are aware of a preschooler, age 3 to 5, who has or may have a developmental disability
- If you know of a child who is enrolled in Thomasville City Schools, and suspect he/she needs special education services; please contact your child’s school and express your concern to your child's teacher and/or to the school administrator as well.
- If the child resides within the Thomasville City School District and attends private school or home school.
Director of Special Education
Dr. Rhoda Gouin
229-225-2600, ext. 117
229-225-2600 ext. 119
229-225-2600 ext. 114
Special Education Administrative Assistant
229-225-2600, ext. 116